The Writer In Me
Today I felt the writer in me come forward, she was asking to be heard, and she was flowing. The thoughts were coming and I was, as they say feeling myself again.
I remember writing short stories as a 14 year old and after writing them I would give them to my friends to read. At the time all I consumed or read I should say were romance novels, and what goes in is what comes out. I began to write my own romance stories. Yes girls!!!
Then I gave my heart to the Lord, and one day I made the mistake of going to church with one of my romance novels... lol... don't know what I was thinking. I can remember it now, it was predominantly pink and the hero was muscular with long flowing blond hair and of course, he had no shirt on. So, the pastors wife came up to me looked at the book and shook her head. She didn't say, "Kate are you reading this? You shouldn't. " She just shook her head. So I knew, right away, that I should not be reading romance novels. Well that ended my romance novel reading. I tried to read other "Christian" themed romance books but that was short lived. School and music became my focus. The writer in me died.
Well how do I begin to write again, read again. My only problem is I may not have the time, because a in few days the only books that should be priority will be those boring course manuals. For three months I will be a student again.
Well as I was saying the writer in me died, she was buried and now I feel her resurrecting, should I try my hand at a romance novel. I think I just might. I definitely have a story line, that I can't wait to tell.

Comments
Post a Comment